Drone Pilot Inc.
Setting the Standard for Public Safety Unmanned Aerial Operations
LIVING. BREATHING. PROOF.
MCALLEN ISD POLICE DEPT
30,000' Public Safety Unmanned Aerial Program Administrators Course
Description: This course will help the decision makers of an agency under stand the magnitude of a professional public safety UA program from the selection of a flight team to running a public safety operation. This is a great place to start if they are not sure what missions, UA equipment, or what data can be or needs collected. As Gene says, "you don't know what you don't know"! DPI is here to help answer all your questions!
Course Length: 2 days
Time: 8:00am-4:00pm each day
Offsite Training: Schedule at your location with at least 10 confirmed seats. Contact email@example.com for scheduling details
Location: Wimberley Volunteer Fire Department, 111 Green Acres Drive, Wimberley, Texas 78676
Accommodations: Mention you're attending the Drone Pilot Public Safety Training Program and get $99/night rates
Flora and Fauna, 400 River Road, Wimberley, Texas 78676 (512) 842-9110
Price: BASED ON REGION CALL OR EMAIL FOR QUOTE (Course cost will be credited if agency enrolls into full 100-hour certification course)
Wimberley Volunteer Fire Department
100-Hour Unmanned Aerial Public Safety Operational Training and Certification Program
Before we can enroll an agency flight team into our 100-hour program we will need several questions answered. We like to set up a conference calls or face to face to help customize the program by identifying the needs and requirements if your specific environment such as:
- Required data
- Data storage/FAA compliance
- PIO packages
- Size/scope of the UA Program
- to just name a few
Cost: BASED ON REGION CALL OR EMAIL FOR QUOTE
We suggest attending 30,000 Foot Public Safety UA Administrator's Course to better prepare you to build the right UA/Robotics Program for your agency.
If your agency enrolls and completes the DPI 100-hour Unmanned Aerial Public Safety Operational Training and Certification Program, the cost of the 30,000 Foot Public Safety Unmanned Aerial Administrator's Course will be credited toward the 100-hour program.
Here are some of the questions you should be prepared to answer when standing up your UA Program. Again if you can't readily answer these questions, you will benefit significantly from attending the 30,000' UA Program.
1. Under what FAA authority will your Flight Team Operate (COA/Self Certify, FAR Part 107)
2. Number of Flight Team Members to be trained (we recommend 2 minimum members PIC/VO)
3. What MISSIONS will your agency want to collect data, SAR, Crime Scene,?
4. Which UA Platform is the PSA looking to select, Fixed Wing/Multirotor both? (based on missions/data needing collected)
5. Will assistance be needed for flight team selection, flight simulator testing, or UA program administrator/manager selection?
6. Single jurisdiction or multiple jurisdiction/discipline response?
7. Projected course start date of your flight team training and certification program?
8. SOP/SOG required before or after program? DPI offers complete protocol and procedural manuals for PSA UA Flight Team Operations and UA platform procedural manuals.
9. Will a public information package be needed, supporting web site/social media, presentation to city council/county commissioners, or public groups? (complete transparency of a PSA program is highly recommended if not required)
10. What will the PSA flight team foot print desired size be? (Small quick response verses Mobile Command encrypted broadcasting/monitoring)
11. Will automatic upload/maintained virtual logbook with organization branding, with mission, equipment, and crew data logged profiles. Along with 3rd party monitoring for FAA/state compliance be needed?
12. Will PSA need assistance writing FAA Certification Of Authorization (COA)?
13. Is there funding available for your UA Program? Generally a 4-6 member flight team with 2 training/mission drones, 1 designated-mission drone (Multirotors), and LITE support equipment package will cost about $20,000-30K to fund start up and 5k year for maintenance budgeting.
Let's fly! Contact us to today to find out more about how our systems can be your solutions.
Phone: (512) 303-3255