DRONE PILOT MISSIONS & TRAINING SCHEDULE
COURSE OVERVIEW: Drone Pilot LLC has created an intense two day course to assist Public Safety agencies looking to build a professional Small Unmanned Aerial Systems Program for their jurisdictions. This course will give administrators the tools needed from selecting flight team members to public safety fight team operations from experienced instructors that have conducted SUAS missions across the globe.
( Recommended Prerequisites: FEMA NIMS)
DAY 1 SESSIONS
PART 1 – Part 107 and COA’s – To Fly Legally
- Student will be familiar the three categories of SUAS flight authority
- Student will be familiar with local and state SUAS laws
- Student will be familiar with TFR and NO FLY ZONES
- Student will be familiar FAA COA’s
- Student will have a basic knowledge of FAA Ground School for SUAS operations
- Student will have a basic knowledge of FAA PART 107
- Student will be familiar with FAA Drone Registration
PART 2 – Practical Application – When to Fly
- Student will be familiar with selection of professional flight teams
- Student will be familiar many SUAS mission types including counter drone operations
- Student will be familiar public safety SUAS dispatching protocols
- Student will have knowledge of SUAS operations environment
- Student will be familiar SUAS crew management and resources
- Student will be familiar with weather affects on SUAS deployment
PART 3 – Equipment Selection – What to Fly
- Student will be familiar with the criteria for selecting SUAS and payloads for data collection
- Student will learn how geography plays into selecting SUAS and payloads for missions
- Student will be familiar with the dangers, hazards, and liabilities associated with selecting SUAS and payloads for missions
- Student will be familiar the may SUAS available
- Student will be familiar with SUAS mission support equipment for small and large footprints
- Student will be familiar with hazards of LIPO batteries
- Student will be familiar with SUAS maintenance and documentation
- Student will be familiar with FCC licensing for video transmission equipment
PART 4 – Best Practices – How to Fly
- Student will be familiar with the importance of proficiency skills for SUAS flight teams
- Student will be familiar with pre-mission planning verses exigent circumstances/emergency deployments
- Student will be familiar with site-success probability assessments
- Student will be familiar with the SUAS flight teams roles and responsibilities
- Student will be familiar with the SUAS redundancy and fail safe procedures
- Flight Team Skill Set Proficiency
- Per-mission Planning verses exigent circumstance/emergency deployments
- Site-Success Probability Assessmen
- Flight Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Redundancy/Fail Safe Procedures
DAY 2 SESSIONS
PART 5 – Best Practices
- Student will be familiar with SUAS for disaster response – how to fit into NIMS
- Student will be familiar with SUAS operation procedures aiding to mission success
- Student will be familiar with SUAS action plan/pre/during/post flight data processing and distribution
- Student will be familiar with conducting hot wash/debriefing for internal-external lessons learned
- Student will be familiar with SUAS operations flight team accountability documentation
PART 6 – Building a Successful Public Safety Robotics Team
- Student will be familiar with building a successful public safety robotics team
- Student will be familiar with lessons learned from failed and operational SUAS programs
- Student will be familiar with Drone Pilot’s Eyes Overhead proficiency certification testing
- Student will be familiar with Drone Pilot’s Eyes Overhead flight team testing patterns
PART 7 – Public Safety SUAS Scenario – SAR Demo
- Student will be familiar with setting up safe SUAS flight line
- Student will be familiar with setting up SUAS mission support equipment
- Student will observe Drone Pilot flight team demonstrate a mock Search and Rescue mission
- Student will be issued a certification of course completion
- Student will be familiar with the registration process for Drone Pilot’s Eyes Overhead Proficiency Training and Certification Course
Course Take Aways | USB SNAP Drive
- Drone Pilot Eyes Overhead© 30,000 FOOT Program Administrator Slide Part 1-7
- (First To Deploy) E-Book Author Gene Robinson
- Public Safety WHITE PAPERS
- Memorial Day Floods
- Plano Texas Search
- Liberty Missile Search
- Obstacles To UAS Insertion in Disasters
- UAS in Crime Scene Re-creation
- FAA Documents
- Public Safety Sensitive Documents
- SUAS Insurance Documents
- Public Safety Media (videos and stills)
- Flight Team Operations Documents
- Drone Pilot Trifold Brochures
Have a Question? Contact Us Today!
American Heroes AirShow DPI Static Display and UA Demonstrations for Public Safety Agencies and Public
Drone Pilot Inc.’s Gene Robinson and John Buell will be speaking at the sUSB Expo. The Silicon Valley Drone Show is a commercial sUAS event for business to business exchange of ideas on commerce. The Expo features guest speakers from around the world and a SAR workshop, new in 2017 sUSB Expo Demo Field Day.
ARLINGTON, Va. — The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) today announced the conference program for the upcoming AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2017, the largest trade show for the unmanned systems and robotics industry. As the regulatory environment has evolved to open up new opportunities, speakers from government, industry and academia will participate in more than 200 presentations and panel discussions addressing the potential for drones, robotics, and other unmanned systems. XPONENTIAL 2017 will take place at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center in Dallas from May 8 to 11, 2017.
Among the program’s participants are thought leaders from government agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Defense, FAA, NASA, NOAA; and commercial organizations, including AT&T, AirMap, Barrick Gold, General Electric, Great Southwestern Construction, Intel, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Liquid Robotics, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
The industry opportunity has never been greater. For instance, the FAA expects that more than 600,000 unmanned aircraft systems could be flying for commercial purposes in 2017.
Speakers at XPONENTIAL 2017 will provide insight and actionable intelligence on the role of unmanned systems in a range of industries, including agriculture, construction, defense, energy, mapping, wireless, oil and gas, retail, and transportation, among others.
“Unmanned systems are transforming the enterprise,” said Brian Wynne, AUVSI president and CEO. “From energy and agriculture to broadcasting and security, unmanned systems, robotic and drone technology is enabling applications that were previously impossible. The educational program at XPONENTIAL is designed not only to showcase these advancements, but to provide attendees with real-world examples, best practices and smart strategies to leverage the power of unmanned systems in their own organizations.”
The conference program is divided into three tracks:
- Policy: Airspace, local, state and federal government cooperation, international trade affecting unmanned systems, and regulation of unmanned maritime systems.
- Technology: Defense technology innovation, drone delivery technology, protecting intellectual property, software development powering unmanned systems and automated vehicle technology development.
- Business Solutions: Remote sensing, drones in the wireless industry, mapping and imaging, maritime applications for oil and gas, aviation risk management, and managing and protecting data.
The XPONENTIAL 2017 educational program will also include extensive technical sessions supported by white papers and a presentation series on government and defense opportunities for industry engagement. In the exhibit hall, education programs are planned for the Starting Point Theater, Solutions Theater and Poster Sessions area. There will also be special sessions, such as Women and Diversity in Robotics, and the Startup Showdown live pitch event, featuring new companies that are developing the future of innovation in the industry.
More than 7,000 industry leaders and professionals from more than 55 countries are expected to attend XPONENTIAL 2017. The exhibit hall will showcase more than 650 cutting-edge companies from around the world, representing more than 20 industries.
Registration for XPONENTIAL 2017 has opened. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2jgeaLQ.
# # #
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) — the world’s largest nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of unmanned systems and robotics — represents more than 7,500 members from more than 60 countries involved in the fields of government, industry and academia. AUVSI members work in the defense, civil and commercial markets.
The 2017 Texas Emergency Management Conference—hosted by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM)—is taking place May 16-19, 2017 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas. The conference attracts over 2,500 elected officials, first responders, emergency managers, and decision makers from across Texas.
Drone Pilot Inc. has created an intense two day course to assist Public Safety agencies looking to build a professional Small Unmanned Aerial Systems Program for their jurisdictions. This course will give administrators the tools needed from selecting flight team members to public safety fight team operations from experienced instructors that have conducted Public Safety UA missions across the globe. This course will help the decision makers of an organization under stand the magnitude of building a professional UA program. For more information about this course, please visit the 30,000′ Public Safety UA Program Administrators Course page.
Rockland County Fire Training Center will be hosting a presentation introducing how to incorporate UAS into individual departments. Snacks and refreshments provided. Training applies to law enforcement, fire departments, emergency medical services, and search & rescue teams.
Subjects covered include:
- Drone Pilot Training & Certification
- Legal Regulatory & Compliance
- Grant Writing & Public Relations Campaigns
- Mission-specific Drone Deployment Solutions
- Scalable & Collaborative Data Processing Solutions